Please note, this post has been updated since Father Gruner’s death.
The following post has been reposted from time to time due to its relevance. If you find it useful, please send it along to others who might benefit. Thank you!
The oldest of the shepherd children of Fatima, Lucia explained the message of Fatima to Father Fuentes years later:
Father, the Most Holy Virgin did not tell me that we are in the last times of the world, but She made me understand this for three reasons.”
“The first reason is because She told me that the devil is in the mood for engaging in a decisive battle against the Virgin. And a decisive battle is the final battle where one side will be victorious and the other side will suffer defeat. Also, from now on we must choose sides. Either we are for God or we are for the devil. There is no other possibility.“
“The second reason is because She said to my cousins as well as to myself, that God is giving two last remedies to the world. These are the Holy Rosary and devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. These are the last two remedies which signify that there will be no others.”
“The third reason is because in the plans of Divine Providence, God always, before He is about to chastise the world, exhausts all other remedies. Now, when He sees that the world pays no attention whatsoever, then as we say in our imperfect manner of speaking, He offers us with certain fear the last means of salvation, His Most Holy Mother. It is with certain fear because if you despise and repulse this ultimate means, we will not have any more forgiveness from Heaven, because we will have committed a sin which the Gospel calls the sin against the Holy Ghost. This sin consists of openly rejecting, with full knowledge and consent, the salvation which He offers. Let us remember that Jesus Christ is a very good Son and that He does not permit that we offend and despise His Most Holy Mother. … Our Lord Jesus Christ has always defended the honor of His Mother.”
“Look, Father, the Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary, to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families, of the families of the world, or of the religious communities, or even of the life of peoples and nations, that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary. With the Holy Rosary we will save ourselves, we will sanctify ourselves, we will console Our Lord and obtain the salvation of many souls.”
“Finally, devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Our Most Holy Mother, consists in considering Her as the seat of mercy, of goodness and of pardon, and as the certain door by which we are to enter Heaven.”
The message of Fatima is then that we are now in a life or death struggle, even though most people are oblivious. As Sister Lucia warns us, “we must choose sides. Either we are for God or we are for the devil. There is no other possibility.” Where do you stand?
The purpose of this blog is to call Catholics to return to Fatima. Re-examine the message given to us by the Blessed Virgin Mary. Remove the blinders that are making you think that Fatima was “a long time ago, and is no longer relevant”.
Fatima’s message is more relevant today than it ever was. When Pope John XXIII refused to release the message that Our Lady commanded be released in the year 1960, the world experienced a spiritual shock: the Vicar of Christ on earth refusing to obey the Mother of Christ. Never before in history has such a thing happened.
And thus began the Chastisement.
The initial chastisement was the result of the spiritual blindness which descended upon the pope and hierarchy following their willful disobedience. When one separates himself from God by mortal sins, the darkened reason is unable to discern the correct path and stumbles into error and folly. Vatican II and its poisonous fruits, which caused unprecedented abandonment of religious vocations and the loss of faith and Catholic identity of entire nations was the fruit of this spiritual ignorance which descended upon the Church.
When God chastens us, He is merciful, indeed, His mercy and His justice are inseparable. The initial chastisement of the catastrophic Second Vatican Council could have been mitigated. If only the Pope had seen the noxious results for what they were and repented, his repentance would have brought down God’s mercy.
But the hearts of the popes were hardened in their sin and they have persisted in disobedience of Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Mother. The result has been an unmitigated disaster for the Catholic Faith. Sister Lucia of Fatima reminds us still, God’s own Most Holy Mother is the last means of salvation we are offered. Until Catholics return to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, with humility, repentance and obedience, the Chastisement will continue to unfold, bringing with it ever more severe spiritual desolation, a desolation which will soon reach proportions never before seen, with such physical calamities that those who survive them will envy the dead.
In his last Fatima update, Father Gruner related that when he had recently spoken with Father Gabriel Amorth, the world’s foremost exorcist, Father Amorth told him that unless the Pope and Bishops consecrate Russia as requested by the end of October, the Chastisement will occur soon after. To me, this indicates a relationship with the Pope’s plans for the final Synod in October. That is less than 6 months from now.
If Pope Bergoglio’s plan prevails at the final Synod in October, and no Consecration is done, perhaps we shall see what was foretold by Sister Lucia:
“I felt my spirit inundated by a mystery of light that is God and in Him I saw and heard: the point of a lance like a flame that is detached, touches the axis of the earth, and it trembles: mountains, cities, towns and villages with their inhabitants are buried. The sea, the rivers, the clouds, exceed their boundaries, inundating and dragging with them, in a vortex, houses and people in a number that cannot be counted. It is the purification of the world from the sin in which it is immersed. Hatred, ambition, provoke the destructive war. After I felt my racing heart, in my spirit a soft voice said: ‘In time, one faith, one baptism, one Church, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic. In eternity, Heaven!’ This word ‘Heaven’ filled my heart with peace and happiness in such a way that, almost without being aware of it, I kept repeating to myself for a long time: Heaven, Heaven.” (Antonio Socci).
ISIS has threatened to raise their hateful flag over the Vatican, and they appear intent in carrying through on all their despicable agenda, so it is not beyond the bounds of reason that the Chastisement may include God’s unleashing the terrible forces of nature (as in the above scenario) and an islamist attack on the Vatican, which could end with the familiar “Bishop in White” at the foot of the cross, as foretold in the released portion of the Third Secret.
We know that in the end, Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart will triumph; the only question that remains is will we choose to be hers, will we take the steps necessary to be on the winning side?
What steps are called for today, at this late hour? What can we do here in the 21st century?
To begin with, at a minimum:
- Consecrate yourself immediately to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. No specific formula is required for this, nor is any priest required for this initial step. Just kneel down now and sign yourself with the Cross, begging the Blessed Virgin Mary in her perfect purity and fullness of grace to take you as her child and help you to turn from your sins and follow her commands, trusting her to lead you to perfect obedience to Our Lord Jesus Christ. Resolve to surrender your entire being, body and soul, mind and will, to her to do with as she wills.
- Pray Our Lady’s Rosary every day, at least 5 decades, but all three if possible. Optimally, pray the rosary with your family or friends whenever possible.
- Wear Our Lady’s Brown Scapular of Mount Carmel. If you were enrolled previously, you may simply begin wearing it, if not enrolled, a priest may enroll you. Information on this may be obtained from Father Gruner’s Fatima Center. Or contact me, evensong at return to fatima (dot) org.
- Obtain St. Louis de Montfort’s or St. Maximilian Kolbe’s program for Total Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Both can be found online. The true total consecration must be lived daily, indeed minute by minute. It is easy once you understand that it doesn’t depend on your effort, it depends on your constant trust in Mary, your Mother.
- Avoid the Novus Ordo Mass and all sacraments using post-Vatican II ritual. The changes instituted by the Vatican II “reforms” are the fruits of an arrogant, disobedient faction of the true Church. Eschew all modernism and attend a true, traditional Mass such as Society of St. Pius X, Fraternal Society of St. Peter, or a traditional indult or Moto Proprio parish or priest.
- Make Our Lady’s First Saturdays for at least five months in a row. Better, continue them in a spirit of reparation for all the Catholics who do not obey Our Lady.
- Fulfill the duties of your state in life with humility and obedience, as a faithful child of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, offering your daily sacrifices of self in reparation for sins and for the conversion of poor sinners.
- Inform yourself of the true doctrine of the faith and help inform others of the Fatima Message
As you continue on this path, you will find many more ways to live more perfectly as a child of Mary.
Take every opportunity to read more about Fatima and its true message. Pray and sacrifice daily for the Consecration of Russia as requested by our Lady of Fatima.
If at all possible, get to know other true Catholics. and above all, spread the word!
In this time of chaos, our best path is to draw close to the Immaculate Heart of the Mother of God and trust in her merciful love, which will never fail us. Let us strive to save our souls and all those souls who have been entrusted to us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, be our salvation, now and at the hour of our death!
~ by evensong for love of the Immaculata
Vouchsafe that I may praise thee, O Sacred Virgin, give me strength against thine enemies!
© All Content Copyright 2013-2017 ReturntoFatima.org. All Rights Reserved.