The Message of Fatima and the Synod
What connection, if any, is there between October’s Synod on the Family and the message of Our Lady of the Rosary at Fatima?
At Fatima, the Blessed Virgin did not ask extraordinary things. Essentially, what she asks is:
- The daily recitation of the Rosary, “o terzo”, a third of the Rosary, in Portuguese.
- Devotion to the Immaculate Heart
- Practice of the devotion of First Saturdays of Reparation
- The consecration of Russia to her Immaculate Heart.
Several strong signs were given to the popes to point them towards Fatima’s message: Pope Pius XII was consecrated a Bishop on the same date that Our Blessed Mother first appeared at Fatima, May 13, 1917, and he was given his very own apparition related to Fatima when between October 30 and November 8, 1950, he witnessed the sun appear to dance. (See here) Pope John Paul II, who was the only pope to experience first hand the oppression of Communist rule, barely survived an assassination attempt on May 13, 1981. Although these popes appeared to understand the connection with Fatima, they did not go so far as to actually obey Our Lady’s commands.
The Consecration of Russia, if it were properly done by the Pope in unison with the Bishops of the Church would serve several purposes:
- It is an act that must be initiated and commanded by the Pope personally, therefore it would correct the Vatican II error of collegiality.
- It would assert the Pope’s authority over Russia, thus correcting the Orthodox schism.
- Such an act would indicate the mediation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, thus correcting Vatican II’s error of false ecumenism with protestant heretics.
- The Consecration of Russia as requested by the Blessed Virgin indicates the goal of conversion of Russia to the true faith, thus correcting the Vatican II error of religious liberty.
- If the Pope were to promote the devotion of the First Saturdays it would provide a strong instruction to the world that sin offends God and that we must pray and make reparation to prevent souls from falling into hell. What an excellent teaching against the pernicious heresy of the neo-modernist theology that is devastating the Church!
The Consecration of Russia can only be done by a chastened, penitent Pope, one who has learned the hard way of the futility of following a religion of man. This is in stark contrast to the shallow arrogance exemplified by the current Pope of the Twitterverse and his encyclical on climate change.
For those who wonder what it will take to bring about the humility and obedience required for this long awaited act, perhaps we won’t need to wait much longer. Our Lord reminded Sister Lucia of the French King who waited too long to obey His request to consecrate France to His Sacred Heart. He then remarked of the requested Consecration of Russia, “They will do it, but it will be late.” 2017 will be 100 years, which when applied to the French King was “too late”. And so we are now at the countdown.
In October this year, 2015, we have the culmination of the Synod against the family, the Pope’s stated attempt to change the Church “irreversibly” by setting up a false law of mercy against the clear doctrine of the Church on the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist and the Sacrament of Marriage. This monumental affront to Our Lord Jesus Christ will occur 98 years after the Virgin of Fatima’s message to the world.
Around the world, the true Faith is stirring, reviving. In several monasteries and convents, in spite of the efforts of the World’s First Humble Pope®, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is returning, bringing about a resurgence of the Faith. Our Catholic youth are rediscovering the True Mass, so long hidden from them. Families, without much help from a weakened, effeminate clergy are raising strong Catholic children. Although not in great numbers, some heroic prelates are beginning to stand up for the Faith against the Bergoglio/Kasper agenda.
The battle lines are forming, even though so many Catholics are oblivious. For those who are paying attention, like the wise virgins of the parable, this must be a time to watch, to pray and to prepare. Each of us must work to know the message of Fatima and share this message with others, and above all, to obey as best we can the requests of Our Lady of the Rosary in her Fatima message.
Pray the Rosary and confound the devil!
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.