Follow the Logic, Part II

Wherein we double down on our least popular of all our posts…

In our previous post, “Follow the Logic, if you can”, we were critical of Bishop Athanasius Schneider for his stance of proposing yet another ineffectual “solution” to this awful crisis of the faith. To the extent that respected Church leaders such as the good Bishop of Astana ignore the only real solution, we are being driven even further along the way of a horrific chastisement.

To date, no reader has agreed with my stance. It becomes clear that readers are content that our few “traditional” leaders simply mouth the same platitudes and continue to ignore the only real means we have been given to avert the ongoing auto-demolition of the faith.

I did receive one suggestion that if I am so displeased with Bishops Schneider’s solutions I should offer my own. This despite six years of doing just that. All right then, a final note:

The very first message of Our Lady at Fatima was for us faithful to be  “willing to offer yourselves to God and bear all the sufferings He wills to send you as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners?” … “Then you are going to have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort.”

This is a fundamental message to all Catholics, laity and priests of all hierarchies, even to the top. The continued defiance of this basic request is astounding in its effrontery to God.

The second visit brought the second request “(Jesus) wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart.” It was accompanied by the sweet motherly promise, “Don’t lose heart. I will never forsake you. My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the path that leads you to God.” and was followed by the vision of her offering  her Immaculate Heart. Lucia explained that the vision enlightened them to understand that “this was the Immaculate Heart of Mary outraged by the sins of humanity and seeking reparation.”

Since then, we have seen popes establish devotions which distract and detract from devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, but not one instance of a Pope establishing the requested Five First Saturdays of Reparation. What Pope has instituted the simple decade prayer Our Lady asked for?

How many Bishops have banded together and petitioned the Pope for the institution of the First Saturdays of Reparation?

Why is that?

How many Bishops have gone personally to the churches of their dioceses and taught the people the importance of the reparatory message of Fatima? How many have preached the need for true contrition, for the prayers requested, that is, the Rosary, the decade prayer, the little sacrifice prayer, ‘O Jesus, it is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.’

If our Bishops would teach the faithful who are entrusted to them the truths of the faith, there would be a wonderful deluge of graces for them and for all the faithful. But as it is, Catholics today seem to have settled into a tepidity that is content with much less, perhaps because it demands next to nothing from them.

On the other hand, I am so unfortunate as to be the one to remind you all that we all must return to true devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and must be “willing to offer yourselves to God and bear all the sufferings He wills to send you as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners?” … “Then you are going to have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort.”

There is much information in the four pages and 838 posts here. But there seems to be no further point in my continued reiteration of the same ignored message. I recall the scriptural injunction “for him who has ears to hear”. Do you remember the context for that quote? It was from St. Luke’s gospel, a quote from Our Lord Jesus Christ:

“So likewise every one of you that doth not renounce all that he possesseth, cannot be my disciple.
Salt is good. But if the salt shall lose its savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
It is neither profitable for the land nor for the dunghill, but shall be cast out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
(Luke 14, 33-35)

13 thoughts on “Follow the Logic, Part II

1. pierce mcgarrigle says:

“Only she can help you”.Does this mean that as only” she” is Our Lady of the 15 mysteries rosary, and” Pray at least 5 decades”, we are offering the least we can offer to obtain the most we can get?(ie 5 decades daily only) Also as Our Lady of Akita asked in the 1st part of her message to sister Sasagawa “pray for the Pope the bishops and the priests with the rosary”,that we we are to aim the sword at that specific target {the shepards} In the 3rd message of Akita we are also asked “pray for the Pope the bishops and the priests with the rosary”.Its significant to me that Our Lady asked twice for the faithful to aim that “Last means of salvation” prayer at our shepards but nobody Ive mentioned it to seems to agree.Then Im left wondering why did Our Lady see fit to ask the same request twice in one message(Akita)I think its obvious they need all the graces they can get.Pope John Paul 2 said about the rosary,”This is your Only hope,pray.Pray and ask for nothing.Was he also asking the same as Our Lady,meaning offer this for your enemies so that they may be converted And trust Our Lady will provide for you ?

• evensong says:

Pierce, thank you for your comment. In an earlier post, “Designs of Mercy – Jacinta II” we spoke of the importance of praying for the pope – and by implication, the hierarchy, of course.

These poor men are so devoured by their sins they cannot help themselves. Now, if “only she can help you” means what I believe it means, Our Lady relies on us, her children, to obey her, and even if the Church fails to establish devotion to her Immaculate Heart, and fails to establish the First Saturdays of Reparation, and fails to promote devotion to the true Rosary of Our Lady, we, her children will do all that she desires, and our prayers and sacrifices offered through her pure and perfect heart, will bring a deluge of grace and transform souls in such a way that hardened sinners will convert, and in God’s good time, this filth will be washed from the Church and the reign of the Sacred Hearts will transform the bride of Christ.
      God bless you and Mary keep you close!

2. Magdalene P says:

I do what I can to promote the Five First Saturdays and the Rosary–have given literally tens of thousands of rosaries away and keep information on the Five First Saturdays (and the 9 First Fridays as well) at our adoration chapel. I cannot personally do much about the consecration of Russia and I must admit that my penance is not what it should be although caring for my cancer patient husband and now recently as a widow has brought it’s own penance.

• evensong says:

Magdalene, I’m sorry to hear of your husband’s death! And you are doing the most important thing if you offer all the trials of each each day

“O Jesus, it is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.’

I hope I’m not in error in this, but I use this prayer so often that sometimes, I simply pray “For love of Thee my Jesus, my Love”. I pray the full prayer often but sometimes just shorten it because of the rush of a stressful moment.
      The main thing is not to ever waste the grace of each moment. They are priceless opportunities to save many souls!
      Magdalene, I pray for you – and your husband – always

3. Michael says:

I agree that many traditional Catholics seem oblivious or willfully ignorant of Fatima and Our Lady’s message. They seek comfort not sacrifice. Bishop Williamson has written repeatedly about the importance of Fatima and the First Saturdays.

Bishop Williamson also mentions it at most of his conferences. Please keep sounding the call. Not all ears are deaf.

• evensong says:

Michael, thank you for your comment. Now you know that I do not post links, especially to any site that is derogatory of the Society.
      When I was nearly dead to the faith due to disgust over the faction which occupies the Church, and finally stumbled back to the traditional faith, Our Lady led me back to a Chapel for Mass on her Feast Day, the Assumption, some years ago. I cried through Benediction and periodically through the Mass and have never doubted that I am where God wants me to be when I am in a Society Mass.

If you were to meet me, you would realize that I am probably not your intellectual match. And so, I am not able to make sense of the split between Bp. Williamson and the Society. I just wish they would iron it out because we need to stop allowing the devil to sow destruction in our midst. Yes that involves a sacrifice but that is sort of the point here.

Thank you for reading and you know that I pray for you always!

God bless you dear and may Our Lady of the Rosary keep you close!

• Michael says:

I had a similar experience in coming to tradition through the SSPX as well. I still attend an SSPX chapel and did not mean to post anything derogatory toward the SSPX. I have remarked many times that I would like to lock the traditional bishops is a room until they settle their differences once and for all. This is a time for all hands on deck. Thank you for your kind thoughts. May God bless you and keep you always.

4. Joe says:

I totally agree with you that people need to wake up and start praying the Rosary and doing penance, not to mention the five first Saturdays. If enough people had been doing this in the past perhaps Russia would already be consecrated but no one pays attention or cares.

• evensong says:

Thank you Joe. I remember reading that Father Malachi Martin said that the reason JPII had not consecrated Russia was that he lacked the grace. That’s where we come in! We have our work cut out for us, don’t we?
      God bless you, dear, and Mary keep you close

5. Thomas Carolan says:

As a traditional Catholic, I am shocked at how many traditionalists I meet at the Latin Mass are unaware or skeptical of the message of Fatima, and particularly, Our Lady’s request that the Pope must consecrate Russia along with all of his bishops to the Immaculate Heart of Mary to end the crisis in the Church. Our Lady told the three seers in 1917 that people must stop offending God because He is already grievously offended. I, and I believe almost all people who know about it, became aware of the Fatima message through Fr. Gruner and the Fatima Center. I attended one of their conferences three years ago and one of the speakers stated that less than 5% of Catholics are knowledgeable about Fatima. So Fr. Gruner and his team are single-handedly responsible for the approximate 4% of Catholics who know about it. I fallibly believe that Father’s tireless efforts may have delayed the conditional chastisement announced at Fatima and Akita. Evensong, as you state, how much greater these numbers would be if the Archbishops throughout the world mandated the 5 First Saturday devotions in all the parishes in their respective dioceses? It seems that the bishops and laity will have to be, please pardon the choice of words, hammered over the head before they wake up from the diabolic spell they are under. We know the pope will do it, but it will be late!
    Many traditionalists do not like the fact that they have to suffer through the current pontificate of Francis and the almost daily barrage of scandalous news that the Masonic media zealously reports. It’s true that we have to suffer along with our mostly lukewarm Novus Ordo brethren and it’s true, to some degree, that this situation is underserved for the faithful.
    But that is the point of Fatima. Our Lord and Our Lady did not deserve the unfathomable suffering of the Passion as they were sinless. Yet they did so out of love for sinful mankind. In a similar manner, the faithful few are now being called upon to save the many who have strayed. Those of us who call ourselves traditionalists must live the Mass every day by making, as the Archangel St. Michael stated, everything a sacrifice. And, as difficult as it may be for some, we must also pray for Francis simply because Our Lady said so in each of her appearances at Fatima.
    I believe that the best way for the laity to spread the message of Fatima is
    by our demeanor and good example. If those around us, see that we pray the Rosary, attend Mass, are charitable toward others, and perform our daily duties and sacrifices with good cheer, this will have a positive impact on them. As St. Paul states in this past Sunday’s epistle, “we live , as chastised but not killed, as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet enriching many, as having nothing yet possessing all things.”
    God bless you. Keep up the great work!

• evensong says:

“I believe almost all people who know about it, became aware of the Fatima message through Fr. Gruner and the Fatima Center… Fr. Gruner and his team are single-handedly responsible for the approximate 4% of Catholics who know about it. I fallibly believe that Father’s tireless efforts may have delayed the conditional chastisement announced at Fatima and Akita.”

Thank you, Sir, for your comment.
      I agree that Father Gruner’s apostolate awakened those Catholics who listened to him. It is tragic that many were denied hearing the message, because of the false shepherds who betrayed Christ, the true shepherd, as well their own flocks. False shepherds, posing as pious, orthodox bishops have been misleading the faithful for decades now, and they fought against Father and his message and are still refusing to honor Our Lady’s request at Fatima.

There will be not end of this misery until the requests of Jesus and Mary are obeyed, and the only way that we, the “little ones” can be effective in this battle is to do our part:
      1. The daily recitation of the Rosary, “o terzo”, Portuguese for one third of the Rosary.
      2. Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, i.e., Total Consecration to her Immaculate Heart and including the Brown Scapular.
      3. Practice of the devotion of First Saturdays of Reparation.
      4. The consecration of Russia to her Immaculate Heart.

It is very disheartening that so few of the respected commentators point out that until the Bishops inform the faithful of the importance of obeying Our Lady of Fatima. Cardinal Burke called for First day of the month reparation while ignoring First Saturdays. Pope John II gave us “Divine Mercy” and “Luminous Mysteries” while ignoring the Fatima Decade Prayer and First Saturdays of Reparation.

When I saw that Bp. Schneider is still ignoring calling for First Saturdays of Reparation, I am sorry to say, I just gave way to great discouragement.

Someone needed to say to our Bishops, “If you want to really clean up the Church, ask the help of the Mother of Our Savior, because the victory has been given to her. Despise this last means and you condemn us all to even greater suffering.”

6. evensong says:

Already, a question. I am not forgetting the Consecration of Russia. I am most vigorously stating that our priests, bishops and pope need, require, our prayers and sacrifices of reparation if they are to repent and do what is necessary, that is, establish devotion to the Immaculata, institute the First Saturdays of Reparation and Consecrate Russia as requested.
    And therefore, we the faithful must not waste a single opportunity to offer the coming events (which will involve great suffering and bloodshed) in the love of Jesus, reparation for sins and for conversion of sinners.
    For an intimation of events to come, see Sandro Magister’s post for today. The governments of the world have only just begun their actions against the church. There will truly be hell to pay and not one prelate has stood up to publicly repent and call their flock to return to the true message of Our Lady of the Rosary at Fatima.